Sunday, May 8, 2011

Are You Ready Ladies?

I trust you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I enjoyed my time with my family here and hearing from my family in North Carolina. Isn't God Good? We are so blessed to be mother's in America. It will be fun to see who responds first to post their scripture. Keep your eye on the prize and have fun as together as we continue to learn, memorize and live out the beautiful words of our LORD.

My scripture, He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1 &2

See you Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I am still working on the verse I have had for the past several weeks - God has said I will never leave you or forsake you - Hebrews 13:5
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy is the winner. Congratulations and good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My scripture verse is IThessalonians 5:16 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. My verse is IPeter 1:16 "It is written, be holy because I am holy." It reminds us to be God's obedient children. Not to do what we used to do or what we want to do, but because we are His, we must strive to behave like His children! Have a great week! Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Monday and I remembered to share my verse!!!!
    Mine is Colossians 3:12
    Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, humility, kindness, gentleness and patience.

    I love how The Message translation puts verses 12-14:
    So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

    I was able to use my memory verse yesterday to encourage a sister in Christ. It was remarkable! God is so good.

    Love you all!
    Dian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the encouragement last Wednesday. I am going to continue to try and learn one phrase at a time of Colossians 3:5-8. I completed the first four verses and I am just going to plug away at the rest. Maybe the longer it takes me, the more it will penetrate my heart. I love you all and appreciate this group very much! (I was going to try and be the first to post, but I was too tired to stay up to midnight last night!).

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am working on Phillipians 4:4-9 - I am working on it a section at a time.
    Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me or seen in me - put into practice and the God of peace will be with you.

    That is alot to learn - but I am up for the task. See you all on Wednesday.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning ladies,

    Thank you to everyone who responded to the Monday assignment. If you did not it is still not too late to get your assignment in by posting your scripture text that you are working on.

    I look forward to our time together Wednesday. We will plan to look at Soul Care and Tackling Time. I have rejoiced in the joy of our last time together. It was good to laugh, love and be loved. See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to my "Humdinger" - sure didn't think I'd be first Monday - I'm usually so forgetful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late in posting my memory verse. It is Psalm 18:30: "God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises are true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection."

    I won't be at church tonight because I either got food poisoning from something I ate Monday night or have the flu. I have been in bed all day today.

    I have another issue I would like prayer on. John and I had to take our youngest son, Adam, to his Psychologist because of some mental problems he was having and feelings he might hurt himself or someone else so he is back at John's house for monitoring. The doctor gave him medication to help and said he needed to be in a safe haven away from the girl he was staying with and other bad influences. Otherwise, he would need hospitalization. Please pray for God's direction as we deal with Adam's issues. There has been some drugs and psycholis as a result and he is very disoriented. Pray that John and I with the help of God will be able to help Adam get better. Thanks for your prayers.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean, I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. That has to be hard as a parent. I will definitely be praying for you as you seek God's guidance and wisdom.
    I hope you get over the stomach issue soon as well. That is not any fun, at all!

    I know I am late in posting my verse, too. I am still working on Psalm 119:165. It is the shortest verse I have done so far and it has been the hardest one for me to remember. I do not know why I am struggling so much with this one. I will learn it, though!

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete