Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Monday in My Head

Good afternoon ladies. I know it is Tuesday and you should have already heard from someone by now. Well to me, it is Monday. Is anyone else out there meeting themselves coming and going? I want to remind you to check in and report what scripture you are working on. I am wanting to completely, no cheating, wanting to commit Colossians 3:12-? to memory. This has been such an exciting time for me, I hope it has for you too. Read chapter 6 in order to be prepared for class tomorrow. If you have not read it, don't let that keep you away (there is still time to get it done). Pray for one another as we wrap up (as much as you can in two weeks) our lessons on forgiveness. Dian said she would be willing to hold a class so that you could make your own forgiveness shirt. Grace has certainly made a statement, however, don't focus on the shirt so much that you miss the message of freedom and hope through forgiveness. Forgiveness sets the stage for peace. Let it never be said of us that we wore the shirt proudly but refused to do what it says. Be set free, you have the keys right in front of you.

Gail said to tell you she misses everyone and pray for her and Chip as they enjoy the last bit of their vacation before returning home. Pray also for Beverly, it has been a very hard couple of days for her.

Love you all and look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on Colossians 3. I think I have verses 1-14 down. I keep repeating them in my head so I can really have them sharp before I move on. I know you said chapter 6, but isn't chapter 7 the second chapter on forgiveness? I have had opportunity to experience forgiveness this week. God is so truly awesome. I can't wait for tomorrow evening. Love you all.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it should be chapter 7. I am working on Colossians 3: 12, 13.

    ReplyDelete