Countdown to Wednesday night. I am ready to get back to the class, how about you? I have been working on the book study, What Women Fear, by Angie Smith. Some of you already have the book and others will receive their book Wednesday (hopefully they all come in). Angie writes from such a down to earth, easy to relate to style. She speaks of things that I find easy to relate to. My prayer is that each one of us will gain a renewed understanding of ourselves and the care that God takes to minister to our deepest needs.
We have several new ladies joining our group this year. I am excited for a new year filled with new opportunities, blessings and choices. I trust everyone is back in the swing of things after all of the celebrations for Christmas and New Year holidays. I had a laid back time planned, God had other notions but all in all it was good to celebrate the birth of our LORD and spend time with family.
I cannot wait to share with you and hear from you concerning what God wants to teach about fear and how it can stop us in our tracks if we let it. I look forward to seeing how God will use each and everyone of us to lift one another up and help deliver each of us to a more mature and freedom walking women of faith in 2012.
I was so excited to read that Angie is a woman who loves Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables, a woman after my own heart. In case you have not noticed, I walk to the beat of a much different drum than most. Give me Hallmark or the old movie channel and I am one happy girl. I still watch Little House, Waltons and Anne of Green Gables when I can.
Food for thought: When I am afraid, I will trust in You. Psalm 56:3. That means I will trust in the all sufficiency of God to meet every seen and unseen need in my life. It means I do not have to live in defeat, crippled by fear of the "what ifs" of life, rejection or being abandoned. He is sufficient and will take care of and guide my life when I yield to Him.
If you notice I did not say I would not experience unpleasant situations or trials in my life. I will still experience hurt and disappointment, we all will. However, in those times we can call out to Him and learn from the examples in scripture, which we will look at during our time of study.
We begin this Wednesday, January 11th at 6pm in Suite 203 (youth area). Please bring your book (if you have it), your Bible, and scripture index cards. If you did not get a set of index cards, I will have some available Wednesday. Invite a friend if you would like. Are you ready?
Thank you Marilyn for the pep talk! At least that is how it felt to me. I have had a lot of fear in my life and I am excited about this book. The scripture God gave me many years ago that I still return to is 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God does not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind." Pondering a sound mind, I believe that is a calm spirit and self-control. We will experience fear, that is not in question, but in the midst of the fearful circumstance, we can stand firm on the promises of God and know without a doubt that He is sovereign, in control and whatever happens will be for His glory and our good. We can walk in faith, not fear. Just an FYI, I am utilizing technology this time as I purchased my book for the new Kindle I got for Christmas! We'll see how that works out for me. See you Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn, I knew there was a reason we connected so well....I LOVE Little House and Anne of Greene Gables! Give me Hallmark and old shows/movies any day. lol
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for our class to get started again. I look forward to getting the book and start reading it. See ya Wednesday!!!!
Thank you Ann and Brandy for your comments. Ann, I do believe it did sound a lot like a pep talk. Good thing I wrote it yesterday and not today. I do look forward to the class. I appreciate both of the comments. I understand that many people love the electronic books, I am sure it will work out great. See you Wednesday.
ReplyDelete