I just spoke with Elisa Knight. As you may already know she is scheduled for the first of many surgeries tomorrow. She is such an example of strength to everyone. Please be sure to pray for her in the morning, she has to be there at 5:30 AM and is scheduled for 7:30 AM if she does not get bumped. I cannot even comprehend what she is feeling today. I know she loves and trusts her LORD. I know she has put her faith in Him. It is incredible to me that this woman who has endured months of chemo has also remained faithful to work with our children, let alone stand in front of a crowd at Upward and give her testimony while revealing herself to everyone.
What all of this reminds me of is that we only have this moment. Everything can and often does change radically in the blink of an eye. Praise the LORD he knew and prepared for what was to happen next in Elisa's life. He does the same for you and me. I get frustrated when things arise that I did not plan for but compared to Elisa and many others, I do not have one thing to complain about. How about you?
At this writing there are several women from our class who are experiencing hard times. Please remember to lift one another to the LORD in prayer. You are amazing and I encourage you to drop a note to those that you know are going through rough waters and encourage them. "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver". Proverbs 25:11
See you tonight!
I know my problems do not compare with Elisa's but I still ask for your prayers as we are going through some tough times both as a family and financially. Pray for God's guidance for all of us. Thank you
ReplyDeleteCathy