Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Memory

Hello Ladies,


I can't believe that it is Monday AGAIN. What happened? 
Vacation time is upon us, so we will have people in and out for the next few months. Please try as hard as you can to stay connected with the group and let us hear from you.


Marilyn will be gone for the next two weeks on a much needed vacation. This week we will have a guest speaker with us, so come prepared to be blessed.


The first week in July we will begin our book study, THE FITTING ROOM. I cannot wait to do this study together. I am reading the book for the 2nd time. Putting on the virtues of Christ will be our spiritual goals this summer!


O.K. Let's hear from you. What scripture memory verse are you working on and how is God changing you because of it?


I have been focusing on Matt. 28:18-20, The great commission. In Life Group we have been learning about God's mission of making disciples. I have been convicted of my lack of caring for the lost. I know Christ and reap all the benefits of belonging to Christ, and yet I share that with very few. Pray for me that God will enable me to be bold in my witness. 


Remember, if we ourselves do not know truth, we cannot share truth with anyone else in our lives. 


Let's be desperate for God!

4 comments:

  1. I feel redundant, but I am continuing to memorize Colossians 3. I have verses 1-4 memorized and am currently working on verses 5-8. This is a scripture passage that is a life application of always looking up to our Lord and "things above" as our continual focus of life and not focusing on the things of this world. It is also practical in that is lists specific things of our old man to "put off" and the godly characteristics to "put on". I am moving slow in the memory but I am nearly through verse 8. This passage is special to me in that my dad taught it to my BSU group in college and it was a powerful study. I have always remembered that teaching and maybe I feel like if I can truly apply it, I will honor my dad as well as take a step toward becoming more like Jesus and honoring my heavenly Father, which is even more important. It has been two years since dad died and I still really miss him. He was a godly man and I loved to hear him talk about God's word because he loved it so much and was passionate when he shared what God was teaching him. I can see him worshipping at our savior's feet and now he sees His God who he loved so much! I can't wait until our group meets tonight because I have missed it the last two weeks. Love you all! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My memory verse I'm working on is Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." I'm trying to look for the good and hope we have in God and not my circumstances. Can't wait to see you all tonight! Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it isn't Monday but I rarely get on the computer. I am still working on Isaiah 41:9,10.
    It is a very comforting passage and I need it right now. It is taking me awhile to learn it. Maybe because I really need it. See ya in class tonight!

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friends,

    I am sitting here typing this listening to the roll of the ocean outside my window. I am about 50 feet from the waves. I have seen and experienced things on this trip that I have never experienced before. The ocean is a marvel to me. I am not a water girl, but no one could ever dream this view up. God is so awesome. On Monday as we traveled through the Smokey Mountains on our way to Jen's house I could not believe the sights my eyes were privileged to see. Only God could do what I saw. I cannot not help but think about God creating it and "it was good". I have done a great amount of thinking on this trip. You know God loves us so much that He created this world and it's beauty for us. It has been so very long since Tom and I have had a vacation, that is something we will be correcting from this day forward. It makes me realize just how easy it is for us to be focused on our own world that we miss the things around us. I am a greenhorn, but I never knew the ocean was so noisy. We have 25 mile and hour or more wind most days, 5 foot sea surges and humidity like I have never experienced before. Sorry ladies, I have rambled but this place is amazing. Keep on working on your memory verses and get ready to study one wonderful book in July. Love you all, looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Thank you Sarah Jane for you leading on Wednesday. Have a wonderful week as you look to God for His direction. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete