Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Memory

Hello Ladies,

It seems like such a long time since I have been on here. I am still without a computer, so it makes it more difficult to communicate on this here blog!!

I have missed sharing with you from my own life.

First, I want to thank you for being a part of our group last week in blessing Melissa. I want to make clear that no one is "more" special than someone else in our class. Many of us are struggling in life in different area with finances, family, children, marriages, careers and the list goes on. We need you to be our class eyes and ears in meeting the needs of others. AND, sometimes it means being vulnerable in sharing your own needs. I, for one, find it hard to ask for help and to let my my guard down- just speaking for myself. 

Summer is upon us and that means crazy schedules with children home from school, vacations, sports, etc. PLEASE remain faithful in your study of God's word and memorizing scripture. I have been challenged in being disciplined to find new truths that apply to where I need to encouragement, or where I need to be stretched in my faith walk with God. The rewards, though, outweigh any hard work that will be required from me. Don't give up yet. You will only grow as much as you plant those seeds. I love planting a summer garden - well, maybe I don't like the actual planting and the work it requires in weeding, but I LOVE the harvest of fresh tomatoes, squash, and green beans!  Unlike a summer vegetable garden that may not give us award winning tomatoes or may not give us a harvest at all (like my peppers last year!), God's word will ALWAYS produce a harvest of righteousness in our lives. He promises!

So, what is on your hearts and what is God teaching you?  Share you verse(s) with us - it might be exactly where SOMEONE ELSE is in their life, too. 

Here is mine: "In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Ps 5:3

Know that we cherish each of you and we love doing life together.
 

6 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone! Sorry, I wasn't on the computer much in the last week. Ok, my verse for the last 2 weeks has been Psalm 34:1-3. I will praise the Lord at all times. His praise will forever be on my lips. I will boast in the Lord and the humble will be glad. Proclaim with me the Lord's greatness: let us exalt His name together. It is funny that my bible says this is what David said right after he was pretending to be insane to save his life from Abimilech! My reason for meditating on these verses is that our praises need to be so constant and so free that we can't help but proclaim His greatness! I have been delivered from so much!!! How awesome is our God! I hope that you all have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said Dawn. I appreciate each one of you so very much. I, like Gail want to encourage you to stay in the Word, continue your memory work and look for ways that God is growing your testimony each day. We still need to hear from you with the scripture that you are working on.
    See you Wednesday.

    "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still working on the same verse - things have been quite eventful here lately and can't seem to concentrate on what I know I am supposed to be doing. Pray that I will be brought back to that place and that the burdens that have been coming quick and a lot will slow down or stop. It's hard being a mom & a wife (especially if the child is a stepchild to the husband) Keep praying for all of us that we come to some sort of agreements on what life is to be within our family
    Love you all
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am still working on Psalm 18:30 "God's way is perfect; all the Lord's promises are true; He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection." I can't seem to concentrate on my verse and I don't want to move on before I have this verse down. Please also pray for me and my family as we are going through some things right now. Pray for guidance for me and that I will without a doubt know God's will for me and be obedient whatever that may be. Can't wait to see you all tonight!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what Gail said in her post: God's word will ALWAYS produce a harvest of righteousness in our lives.
    What a great reminder! I needed that. We cannot fail when it is God's Word that we immerse ourselves in!
    : )
    dian miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gail for a great lesson time last night. Thank you to all of you for sharing and helping to make the class a relevant time for all of us. I am so glad I came last night. Let me continue to encourage you, Jean and Cathy. Stay the course and continue to ask God to reveal to you what He has in mind in each of your situations. He is faithful and aware of your sufferings. His answers may not be what we want to hear but He will give us strength to endure. Sometimes it is hard to break out of the mold that we women place ourselves in. You know the one, it is the one that says we have to have all the answers and FIX everything for everyone. All the while we neglect the one thing we need the most. That direct line to God. If we do not take time to ask and seek His direction we will continue on our own path and become frustrated because nothing is changing.

    This is not an easy path we have chosen. It sounds easy to say, "just yield", walking it out in reality can be difficult. I pray each one of us walk so closely with the LORD today that we have a peace that defies explanation.

    God bless you

    ReplyDelete