Well ladies, here we are again at yet another greeting card inspired holiday. Have you ever noticed that life sometimes is not exactly how fairy tales and Hollywood makes it out to be? However, each one of us can and should celebrate the love of Christ for us today. Let's make this a "I love you Jesus" day.
I love to watch the children with their valentines. It is nothing like it was when I was growing up. We made our own with lots of glue, glitter, paper doilies (don't even ask me what that is). They always were made of red construction paper. We spent hours thinking of just the right thing to say. We also took great pains in making our valentine box. The box was just as important because it housed the precious messages from our friends. We would wait, not so patiently, for the school party. Everyone would put their box on their desk and one by one we went about the room delivering our notes of kindness and love. Everyone received valentines, it was such a special time.
Let me send you a special valentine today from my heart. I am so thrilled and excited that each one of you has made a decision that you want to hide His Word in your heart. You are busy today creating that very special box to house your love notes to God and His messages to you. Write Him a message of your love for Him today. Wrap it in a prayer and rest in the knowledge that Jehovah Jireh is your provider and His grace is sufficient for you. I can hardly stand the excitement of seeing what God is going to accomplish in and through those who love Him and diligently seek Him.
You may or may not have big plans today, but know God has big plans for each of us. I trust you are working on your scripture memory and reading your Bible everyday. I challenge you today to look in scripture today for as many scriptures as you can find about the heart.
I am reminded of the chorus, "Change my heart oh God, make it ever true, may I be like You."
I leave you with this thought, "I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." Psalm 9:1
Happy Hunting
Beautifully written, Marilyn! I, too, prayed for ALL of us yesterday that we would love God, and that we would KNOW. It cost Him his life. What a price.
ReplyDeleteHa, I must be in the older category, too, because I can remember the Valentine shoe box at school. I hated it. It was so much pressure to decorate the silly thing. The cards themselves were pretty much store bought though!
May the love of our Savior rule in our hearts today.