My memory verse that I am working on is Hebrews 11:6
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
I so desire to be pleasing to God. I fail miserably. I would think that with the different roads of life I have been on, I would have the whole faith thing down! Nope. Just as my physical exercise becomes easier with time, but requires discipline and hard work, so does the spiritual disciplines of walking by faith. God has proven to be faithful, but faith is still a daily action on my part - and it is not always easy! I must clothe myself with faith every morning just as I slip on my jeans one leg at a time. I must walk by faith till I live by sight. It requires believing. It requires my focus to be on eternal things not on my earthly circumstances. He is the rewarder of those who seek him!
I use to think of our rewards as being for when we get to heaven. I totally miss the trinity here! His rewards are given through the work of the Holy Spirit in the form of Christ's presence in my life NOW. In the form of grace in my heart, mind and soul TODAY. The reward of peace in the midst of turmoil. Songs of joy drowning out cries of sorrow. God is so huge - I can't possibly grasp how wide and deep is his love!
I long for heaven, but I do not want to miss him today.
Diligently I seek your face today, Lord Jesus!
Friend,
ReplyDeleteI have tried typing a note to your 3 times now. I am not sure what God is speaking to me, but here we go again.
Our walk of faith is taxing and stressful at times. I like you, have been at this long enough and through many challenges, you would think I would be better at it. But I am reminded to never give up. He desires His very best for me and I know I will know His peace today if I am obedient to His call on life today.
I am also reminded, I believe what I see with my eyes or believe what His Word says. May I be found to be like Enoch. Have a walk so close to God that I walk away with Him.
Let His peace reign in you today as you continue your walk with Him.
You are a blessing to me. By the way each time this message has been different. It this one goes through it is the one you were to have.
"Christ's presence in my life NOW. In the form of grace in my heart, mind and soul TODAY. The reward of peace in the midst of turmoil. Songs of joy drowning out cries of sorrow."------That is what I needed to hear today. I have experienced those things and sometimes I forget. Thank you for that reminder and your words of encouragement from you both, Marilyn and Gail!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Dian Miller
I'm having a hard time trying to pick out that first memory verse that really speaks to me. For now I have chosen Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"
ReplyDelete