We are going to try to get communication going on this here blog. I feel like I don't know some of you and what is going on in your lives. This is a great way for us to share what is going on in our lives outside of class. SO, get the word out: Marilyn and I are trying hard to encourage and teach you how to use this blog. We may take a class period and work on just the blog. It truly is a great way to "do life" with one another without having to get out of our homes and commit another thing to our already full calendars. Most of you are on your computers everyday, so it is just a click away!!!
I would like to ask a few of you to consider doing a "guest" post. That means it will NOT be Marilyn or me writing the post, but one of YOU. Do not worry about it being some deep profound writing. Just share something God is teaching you; something you are struggling with; a victory you have overcome; or a challenge you may want to give; OR just some fun recipe, or funny story you want to share.
We have a lot of new ladies in our class that may not know how to access this blog, so we will work hard in this area to improve it.
What do you think about God leading our Pastor to teach out of Col. and the principle of "Put Off" and "Put On" following our summer Bible study?!!! God wants our church to grasp hold of this truth. I was excited yesterday as he (Chip) began teaching these verses and this truth, because I felt that God has taught me so much this summer. I did not feel defeated - that does not mean I have conquered this principle, but instead God has given me victory over a few! I will celebrate a few victories and choose not to continue to walk around covered in manure!! God has taken the garden hose and blasted my heart! Listen to the Holy Spirit if he is convicting you, but also be careful to not allow Satan to continue to steal the work God has accomplished in you as you have embraced truth from our study of God's word.
This morning I was jotting down some of my "One Thousand Gifts" - my thankfulness to God. As I was writing, I was pondering on the journey we must take in life. Sometimes, I am in the valley of the shadow of death. Other times I am like an Eagle soaring above in the heavens. I am thankful that no matter where I am on my journey, God is ALWAYS there. His word becomes more precious to me with each bend on my trail because I realize His word is my source of food, water, shelter and strength to continue on. May you find God today no matter where you may be on this journey of life - If you are deep in the dark trail that is covered with tall trees that block out the light; or if you are on the trail in the middle of the mountain where you have to grab every rock and tree root to you pull yourself up the side of that mountain; or if you have reached the beautiful mountain top that allows you to look out over what is NOW a BEAUTIFUL valley and the openness of the land below allows you to take a deep breath and throw your hands up in praise! Remember God promises to never leave us nor forsake us!
"I know the plan I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come an pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13
Thank you Gail for the words of encouragement today. I have been in one of those valleys this week, following the passing of my dear friend and spiritual mentor last Sunday. I am so glad to have all of you to help me to fill that position in my life again. It is wonderful to know that there are women that I can count on to walk through life together through the good times and the bad.
ReplyDeleteAngela, I am so sorry for your loss; I had no idea. To lose a friend and mentor is a great void in your life. I will pray II Thessalonians 2:16 over you this week, "May our Lord Jesus Christ HIMSELF...who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your heart and strengthen you in every good deed and word."
ReplyDeleteHugs and love!