We want to extend our deep sympathy to Brian and Brandy Taylor in the loss of Brian's mother. Be prepared to bless the Taylor family in the next few days. Ann will be giving us instructions in ways we can bless this family.
If you missed out on the Fall Festival, well, I am sorry. It was a blast! We can only praise the Father for his outpouring of blessings on the day. We give all the praise to HIM.
We are blessed to "do life" with one another. God knew that we would need each other. He created us for not only fellowship with Him, but also fellowship with others - especially us girls. I have not met too many women (if any) who do not crave the presence of other women in their life. When we do not have the bond of friendship, loneliness can creep into our soul and it is a horrible feeling.
We have had the privilege to be in the lives of others recently. It was an encouragement to Marsha to receive a basket full of overflowing goodness from a bunch of ladies who care. Little did we know last week when we went to help Elisa with her decorating, that the very next day she would end up in the hospital facing a difficult set back in her recovery, but God knew. Thank you!
There are other times in life when it is just you and God. God takes us to an obstacle course and says, "Go!" We do not know exactly what we will encounter in the next bend or what hurdles must be jumped or how high the wall we must climb.
Sunday, Dian and I did just that. With the looming inflatable (that was for the little kids) before us and a TINY little hole to squeeze through, we each chose to embrace a challenge, a race, to see who could survive whatever laid beyond that first tiny hole. Once my head and my arms were dangling on the other side of that hole, I had to pull my legs and feet along - for the race had begun!! At that point, I could not help Dian nor could she help me. It was a journey we each had to do alone. Only for a minute, when I turned that first corner and fell on the tall pole, that made me tumble, did I think, "What am I doing?" I knew there was no turning back! Dangling from the top was a rope and now I had to climb the wall. AT MY AGE? I grabbed that rope and put my foot on the first step only to discover my next step had lost its air - and if you are still following me, that means there was NO place to land my foot; the next step had deflated. I have short legs, ladies! I had to get my leg up to the next (higher) step and use my arms to pull myself up! Once at the top of the wall, the only thing left was to push myself down the slide. At that point, my sun glasses were flying off and arms were flapping all the way to the bottom! For that journey, the race was complete. I have a scrapped elbow (that Wyatt thinks is cool), but other than Dian reaching the bottom before me, it was worth it. Had I chosen to stand as a spectator the whole night, I would have never experience the fun that all the kids were having; NOR would I have gain a memory with a friend.
In scripture, we see where God chose women to fulfill their own journey for His purpose and His glory. Ester, who was surrounded by other beautiful women being pampered and prepared to be brought into the royal harem, had an individual journey that only Ester would walk. God had a purpose for her to be in a place she did not long to be, and no one could do it for her. Her journey involved power, romance and intrigue. There was courage and faith. The victory was in her obedience. Because of her courageous act, a whole nation was saved. If you are not familiar with the story of Ester, read it this week!
Let's thank the Lord for other believers that uplift us and encourage us, and let's not run from what we consider an obstacle course that can grip us with fear.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." Heb. 12:1-2
Gail, What a beautiful post. I am encouraged and uplifted. These are very hectic days for many. Days full of blessings and challenges. I appreciate you taking the time to write this from your heart. Ladies, take time today to encourage someone. I promise you can always find someone who is enduring a struggle or facing a challenge or hardship that would seem worse that our own. When I think of Elisa and know just how much you blessed her last week and seeing the excitement on Marsha's face when she received her basket, ladies this excitement was in the midst of struggle, I am overcome with compassion for them. I enjoyed the card I received from the ladies who stayed behind to bless people with cards.
ReplyDeleteGail, you are a great source of help to me personally as well as to the many other ladies in our church. 3 cheers to you and Dian for the spunk and courage to engage in some spontaneous fun. You go girls!
"....for the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete." Deuteronomy 16:15
See you Wednesday,
Marilyn
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Gail and Marilyn. I have to laugh out loud just thinking of us going through that obstacle course together. I honestly didn't think I could even get past the first little wall. I would have never tried it by myself. Sometimes I just need those words of encouragement from friends to get me through.
ReplyDeleteI am just glad that there was no photographic evidence.
Love you all!
Dian
Thanks for sharing you & Dian's experience on Sunday - I didn't know you had done that. It took guts and a little craziness to do it. I know at my age it would have been too much = but I'm glad that you two had the experience. See you tonight - love you all - Cathy
ReplyDeleteDear friends,
ReplyDeleteFirst, I would like to say Thank You! You all have been such a source of strength for me, and a wonderful breath of fresh air! I love to do real life with you! Who would have thought that you all would have blessed me like you all do! I have a hard time telling people how I feel! And I can say that I'm truly blessed to be surrounded by such Godly women who are on fire for the Lord! Praying many blessings for you all. Melissa